Workshop 5G technologies and their applications in companies
November 24, 2022, Gipuzkoa Science and Technology Park Central Building Donostia / San Sebastián 9:15 – 14:30
Within the framework of the Cervera OpenVERSO Network of Excellence, 5G and future technologies have been developed and applied that will foreseeably have a notable impact on companies. OpenVERSO is a national commitment to develop market-oriented research, promoted by the Ministry of Science and Innovation and the Center for Industrial Technological Development (CDTI).
The objective of this conference is to explain how the next generation 5G and future mobile communications networks will impact companies
To companies that consider the impact and benefit that 5G technologies can have on their business, either through private or public networks. In addition, it is of interest to the research community in the field of wireless communications.
9:15 – 9:30: Reception of attendees
9:30 – 9:45: Welcome and introduction to Vicomtech. Julián Flórez, General Manager, Vicomtech.
9:45 – 10:00: Institutional opening. Alberto Fernández, Director of Technology and Innovation, Basque Government.
10:00 – 10:15: Status of the standard and industrial regulations for the implementation of 5G. Norberto Ojinaga, Technology Solution Director, Más Móvil / Euskaltel.
10:15 – 11:15: Results and potential impact of OpenVERSO, Cervera Excellence Network
- Pablo González, Technical Manager of Signal Processing, Gradiant.
- Jesús Alonso-Zarate, Director of Strategy and European R&D Programmes, i2CAT.
- Angel Martín, Senior Researcher in Digital Media Technologies, Vicomtech.
11:15 – 11:45: Coffee break
11:45 – 13:00: Round Table. From the potential of research to the reality of companies. Current situation and future impact of 5G technologies in the industry.
- Jorge Vázquez, Projects Virtual Factory, Gestamp.
- Fernando Molina, 5G Ventures.
- Norberto Ojinaga, Technology Solution Director, Más Móvil / Euskaltel.
- Jesús Alonso-Zarate, Chairman of the “5G for Connected and Automated Mobility – Working Group” – 6G IA.
Moderator: Luis Pérez Roca, Director of the Advanced Communications Area, Gradiant.
13:00 – 13:15: Interaction with the speakers and conclusions. Mikel Zorrilla, Director of Digital Media, Vicomtech.
13:15 – 13:30 Closing