Purposes of data collection
The purposes of said personal data processing are:
- To be able to respond correctly to the User who has used the website’s contact form.
- To be able to manage candidacies for vacancies.
- To send newsletters relating to commercial and advertising material from Open-VERSO, if it has been expressly requested by the User, so that no newsletters will be sent to those users who have not expressly requested them via the corresponding box or via the section prepared to that effect.
Open-VERSO shall only use the personal data of the data subjects for the aforementioned purposes. If the information is used for a different purpose, Open-VERSO shall request the prior consent of the holder of the personal information.
Legitimate basis of the processing
The legal basis legitimising the processing of the data obtained via the form is the consent granted by the User to carry out the purposes described above, by sending the form.
Open-VERSO is the sole recipient of the User data obtained, notwithstanding that it also has certain data processors who provide information technology and technical services and who, in any case, are committed to the use of the data under conditions of confidentiality and conformity with the purposes for which they have been obtained.
Also, Open-VERSO shall facilitate the Users’ personal data to the competent authorities when it is required to comply with current legislation.
Data processing and storage period
Open-VERSO shall only store the Users’ data to the extent that is necessary for the purpose for which they have been obtained and in accordance with the legal basis which legitimises their processing.
- For the purpose of personnel selection, the period shall be one year from the closing of the open vacancy.
- For the purpose of sending commercial communications, three years from the point at which the user withdraws their consent.
- For query resolutions, six months from the date of resolution.
In the event that a User exercises the aforementioned rights, Open-VERSO may retain the data without making use of them for as long as they are necessary for the exercise of their right to defend against potential claims or in the event that legal or judicial responsibilities may arise that must be dealt with and for which data recovery might be necessary.
Rights of the User
Data protection regulations guarantee the following rights for Users:
- Access: To allow the User to know what information is stored, where it has been obtained, to whom it has been provided and for what purposes it has been processed.
- Rectification: To allow the User to rectify any erroneous or outdated data.
- Deletion: To allow the User to cause the processing of their data to cease.
- Opposition: To allow the User to cause the use of their data for a specific purpose to cease.
- Limitation: To allow the User to restrict the processing of their data, but in such a manner that the data are stored for some later purpose.
- Portability: To allow the User to obtain a copy of their data in electronic format and, under certain circumstances, to request that they be communicated to another service provider. This is only applicable for computerized processing carried out with the consent of the User or for the fulfilment of a contract.
- Also, the User has the right to withdraw their consent at any time without this retroactively affecting the processing of personal data carried out up to that time.
The User may exercise the aforementioned rights in the terms and conditions provided for in the current legislation by writing to the registered office of Vicomtech, Calle Paseo Mikeletegi 57, Parque Tecnológico de Miramón, 20009 San Sebastián, or by sending an email to email@example.com, indicating the right that they wish to exercise and attaching a scanned copy of their national identity document or equivalent document valid in law to accredit their identity.
In the event of not obtaining a satisfactory response to the exercising of their rights, they can file a complaint with the Spanish Data Protection Agency (www.aepd.es).
Open-VERSO has adopted the security levels and measures for the protection of personal data by installing in its systems and files the technical measures necessary to guarantee the confidential processing of the data, avoid its loss, alteration and access. Open-VERSO shall not be liable for any possible damages or losses that may arise from interference, omissions, interruptions, computer viruses, telephone breakdowns or disconnections in the operational functioning of this electronic system, due to causes beyond Open-VERSO’s control; of delays or blockages in the use of this electronic system caused by deficiencies or overloads of telephone lines or overloads in the Data Processing Centre, in the internet system or in other electronic systems, as well as damages that may be caused by third parties through illegitimate interference beyond the control of Open-VERSO. Notwithstanding the above, the User must be aware that Internet security measures are not impregnable.
Open-VERSO reserves the right to modify this policy to adapt it to legislative or jurisprudential developments, as well as to industry practices. In said cases, Open-VERSO shall announce on this website the changes made with reasonable notice of their being put into practice.